Some of the day's gleanings from Tom Feeley's Information Clearing House.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

===

U.S. Adults Reject Attacking Iran Over Iraq Bombs:

Many adults in the United States believe their country should not
become involved in a military conflict with Iran, according to a poll
by Harris Interactive. 50 per cent of respondents are opposed to
bombing Iran if it is proven that the Islamic country is helping the
Shiites in Iraq.
http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm/fuseaction/viewItem/itemID/15185

===

UAE will not be used in any Iran strike -president:

"We have informed the Iranian brothers ... that we are not party to
its conflict with the United States and will not allow our
territories to be used for any military, security or spy activities
against it."
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L27163479.htm

===

Navy: Nothing to substantiate Iran market rumor

The U.S. Navy on Tuesday said it had no information to substantiate a
market rumor that Iran had fired at a U.S. naval vessel in the Gulf.
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSWBT00673120070327

===

U.S. launches huge show of force in Persian Gulf:

The U.S. Navy today began its largest demonstration of force in the
Persian Gulf since the 2003 invasion of Iraq, led by a pair of
aircraft carriers and backed by warplanes flying simulated attack
maneuvers off the coast of Iran.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/world/4664203.html

===

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border :

Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of
activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking
security source said Tuesday.
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20070327/62697703.html

===

Russia Warns US Against Attacking Iran In Strategy Paper : -

Russia's Foreign Ministry Tuesday sharply criticized the U.S. for
what it called over-reliance on force and warned Washington against
military action against Iran.
http://snipurl.com/1dx4x

===

Moscow warns U.S. Iran policy may spark "clash of civilizations" :

Moscow urges the United States to avoid escalating tensions around
Iran over its nuclear program as it could lead to a "clash of
civilizations," the Foreign Ministry said Tuesday.
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20070327/62693395.html

===

China paying in euros for Iranian oil:

Iran is pressuring its oil customers to start paying in currencies
other than U.S. dollars and many have begun to comply, oil executives
here say.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/03/27/business/euros.php

===

Gulf economies to 'drop the dollar' :

  Gulf economies will move away from a dollar currency peg and shift
foreign exchange reserves away from dollar to other currencies,
including the Chinese yuan, the chief executive of Dubai
International Financial Centre (DIFC) has said.
http://snipurl.com/1dx50

===

UN Security or Gang Rape?

By Soraya Sepahpour-Ulrich

As I watched Iran being hauled in front of the United Nations
'Security' Council, a vivid picture conjured up in my mind - my
native country Iran, a vulnerable and defenseless beauty being
prepared for violation by brutal savages.  As she struggles to defend
her honor, no one is prepared to come to her aid, save a few.

===

Venezuela signs oil deal with China:

Venezuela has signed deals to supply oil to China as part of a drive
by Hugo Chavez, the south American nation's president, to break his
dependence on energy exports to the United States.
http://snipurl.com/1dx5h