From: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Saturday, 7 April, 2007 8:28:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] 100 MPG vehicle contest

>Kirk - I was referring to its performance when flung by a trebuchet!
>The IC original should be just as bad; though both ought
>nevertheless to be flung   -D

THAT is not a Mini. THIS is a Mini:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:1963_MkI_Mini.jpg

According to Wikipedia, "The new 'BMW' MINI is technically unrelated
to the old car but retains the classic transverse 4 cylinder,
front-wheel-drive configuration and many stylistic elements." So does
just about every other small car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MINIandClassicMini.jpg

Gross. It's ersatz, coffee and acorns - acorns might be fit things
for catapults, but coffee is not. If you please. Sir. Okay, yes, I
used to have a 1963 Mini, first car I ever owned. I loved it, drove
it into the ground in four years, left it under a tree, fled the
country in a Boeing and never saw it again. For it to be flung by a
trebuchet would have been an undeserved end indeed.

Anyway Dawie who or what were you planning to fling them at? And if
you deem these newfangled imposters unsuitable, which vehicles would
you consider ballistically superior for trebuchet-flinging purposes?

Best

Keith