Careful, I can see this forming into a flame war! (Mine is bigger than yours
scenario....)

 Really, once you wean off the Redmond product, it dosen't matter if its Linux
or Mac. The only reason why I probably would not buy a Mac is historical: I
used to hate the computer telling me I could not have my disc back: then
fighting it with a paperclip!
 regards Doug