Hey Kirk;

It's this last bit that has got my attention;

Kirk McLoren wrote:

SNIP

    Lester was shattered. He couldn't understand it. Yet there was a
    reason. Despite taking care to drink only bottled water, Lester
    didn't know that *much more of the pollution-laced tap water is
    absorbed through the skin from bathing and washing clothes.
    *
    Poor Lester.

    *Although almost all exposure to waterborne contaminants is known
    to occur via dermal absorption, no studies have ever been done to
    determine the toxicity of pollution scrubber liquor  the fluoride
    used in water fluoridation schemes.
    *

Now I have heard this several times over the last little while with regard to chlorine in tap water. It doesn't make sense to me that my body would adsorb more chlorine (or flourine or any other toxin) from water through skin contact than by drinking it. When I drink water the entire amount goes inside and has to be processed before any of it comes out again. The internal linings have evolved to be highly adsorbing and I'm guessing that it is moreso than the skin. I'd like to see the proof about this claim.

Joe