>From: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
>Subject: [Biofuel] Organic Farming Yields as Good or Better - Study
>Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:18:43 +0900
>
>See:
>http://journeytoforever.org/garden_organiccase.html
>The case for organics
>
>-----
>
>http://www.planetark.com/avantgo/dailynewsstory.cfm?newsid=43040
>
>Organic Farming Yields as Good or Better - Study
>"Corporate interest in agriculture and the way agriculture research
>has been conducted in land grant institutions, with a lot of
>influence by the chemical companies and pesticide companies as well
>as fertilizer companies, all have been playing an important role in
>convincing the public that you need to have these inputs to produce
>food," she added.

therein lies the problem. you'd actually have to grow food produce to make
those numbers. everyone for hundreds of miles around me is growing CORN for
ethanol or those stupid soybeans because nobody gives a good goddamn about
food. we'll starve to death, but we'll be drowning in booze and soy sauce.