Rainbow power do micro-hydro generators.
 You need a good flow, & fall: about 1 atmosphere pressure for every ~10M
drop. But you need to take losses into account.
 A friend built a hydro using a 3 phase motor: think he got ~ 300W from it. He
used the Rainbow impeller (that he actually got from the developer, before
Rainbow sold it I think.)

 Try googling micro hydro systems.

regards Doug