Flow (cubic feet per second) x Head (feet) x Efficiency (Approximately 80%)
/ 11.8 = KW per hour

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Bob Molloy
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 12:51 AM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: [Biofuel] Help

Hi all,
          I'm exploring the possibilities of minor hydro power in my local
area from waterfalls, lake outlets etc. but need a good rule of thumb for
calculating the power potential.  For example, what amount of power in
kilowatts can I expect from a cubic metre of water or its kilolitre
equivalent falling a distance of one metre?
Regards,
Bob.