The price of cooking oil went up.

The supply of WVO from the restaurant we usually get it from went
right down, from more than enough to much less than enough (though we
also have other sources, so no big problem).

The FFA content went up, doubling from a titration of 0.8 - 1.2 ml
0.1% NaOH solution to 2.0 - 2.35 ml. Also not a problem.

So it seems they keep costs stable by using the oil longer. That's
probably a common practice. This is quite a good restaurant (you can
tell from the previously low titration levels), not very good
restaurants will probably keep it going even longer.

Again, probably not a big problem for most, all indications are that
there's still really a lot of WVO that goes unaccounted for in most
of the industrialised countries, though for a couple of years now
backyard brewers have been telling of increasing competition for
local supplies.

In poorer countries though, from what I've seen elsewhere and from
what I can gather, there might not be much to spare for diesel motors
- people just keep using their oil until it's all used up. Not very
good for them, but they might not have much choice.

Best