'Lo Bob

>Hi Keith,
>          I'm shaken by your Japanese "Shaken". Shaken because here in New
>Zealand, where we buy all those second-hand Japanese cars, we are required
>to have a roadworthy test every six months.

:-( Wasn't it once as year in South Africa? Whatever, it wasn't very onerous.

>Within a very short time it adds up to the price of the import.

It's a conspiracy. Toyota's got it rigged so you buy a second-hand
car when they want you to too.

In Japan they make it easy to buy a new car when you don't really
need one, you get a good deal, especially on the trade-in, especially
if your existing car's a recent model they can export to New Zealand
or wherever at a good price.

All best

Keith