Darryl,
Just wanted to commend you on your excellent and well organized proposals.

"Act locally about energy" is your overarching theme, and I absolutely agree.
Grand schemes always seem to lead to grand corruption.

Local closed resource loops usually make the most sense, whether for food,
goods, or energy. The world will be a nicer place when we realize that the
'benefits of scale' are often really the 'benefits of passing hidden costs to
others'. Only the most complex technologies, e.g. clean-room semiconductor
manufacturing, really benefit from scaling up.

Of course, in this group, i'm preaching to the choir ;)

Taryn