>A question for SVO users - do you actually bother to titrate WVO to
>check the quality?

In my case: No I dont. I filter to 1um, no further processing.

>Also, any comments from long-term users of two-tank systems - are
>they really inferior to Elsbett-type single-tank systems?

I think 2-tank is far superior. You have one tank with
industrially managed well understood diesel,
and an ALTERNATIVE tank with a liquid that may contain
fats, acids, water, salt, sugar and anything else it met in the fry pan.

So I drive almost always on used soy oil but can switch
to a well defined fuel any time. Long term is in my case about 70,000km.

>>Acid contamination can and will damage your engine.

This is the second reason for 2-tank. Shutdown and startup on
diesel prevents the corrosive WVO from sitting in your engine
while the car is parked - which is the overwhelming part of
a cars life for most of us.

My setup does not work well for short distance.

Oskar