A question for SVO users - do you actually bother to titrate WVO to
check the quality?

Titration for SVO
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html#titsvo

Some people just chuck it in and go, others filter it and centrifuge
it, which has no effect on the FFA content:

>Acid contamination can and will damage your engine. Filtering has no
>effect -- zero effect -- on the acid content of the oil.
>Centrifuging it also has zero effect on the acid content.
>
>- The German PPO fuel standard (see above), the only existing
>quality standard for SVO, sets a maximum acid value of 2.0 mg KOH/g.
>
>- Elsbett Technologie says oil that's too acidic can affect the lube oil.
>
>- The Fuel Injection Equipment Manufacturers (Delphi, Stanadyne,
>Denso, Bosch) say it corrodes fuel injection equipment and leaves
>sediments on parts.
>
>- Engine damage of a car using the BioCar SVO system was traced to a
>supply of soy oil which was not the usual food-grade oil and had a
>high acid content. "An examination of the defective sections found
>substantial surface erosion of the hardened steel high pressure
>parts, which are not acid-proof."

- Straight vegetable oil as diesel fuel > Fuel quality
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html#gnl

In Japan, with an Elsbett system in a Toyota TownAce, we only used
oil titrating at less than 2 as SVO. If it was more than that we used
it for biodiesel (which is much better fuel anyway, IMHO).

Also, any comments from long-term users of two-tank systems - are
they really inferior to Elsbett-type single-tank systems?

Has anyone had difficulty getting a response from Elsbett?

Thanks!