Interesting, if a bit vulgar-libertarian towards the end. But conspicuously
absent is mention of the West's long-standing use of the military in general
and wars in particular as sinks for inevitable surplus output. And though much
may indeed be said about current electronics-based innovations it
is very easy to lose sight of the fact that the manufacture of basic
electronic hardware is more dependent on maintaining volume and, hence,
dumping surplus than perhaps any manufacturing practice in history. (I've yet
to undertake an analysis of computing
outside chip mills and the Future Machine. It is a daunting task for
which I fear I lack the necessary technical detail.The theorists in the field
tend to be technophiles who proceed from an unreasoned assumption of the
simple "thereness" of the requisite hardware, without the need to
manufacture it or to buy it: I would be wary of their assistance.)

However, though war is a long-established way of creating economic demand out
of thin air it is quite probable that the world is running out of the
ability to respond to that demand as we speak. Something has to give.

Regards

Dawie Coetzee