Thankyou Fritz, that's a message worth spreading.

Greta's plan is appealing, strength to her elbow. But what odds
you'll all just be added to the terrorist list?

There are more than a million names on the FBI's list of terrorists,
with 20,000 new names added per month. We all know how accurate it is
and the sort of information it's based on, and there's no resource if
you're on it, no presumption of innocence, no habeus corpus, no
rights at all.

All sorts of people turn out to be terrorists - if you take a video
of the conditions at a Smithfield factory farm, that makes you a
terrorist, or hug the wrong tree, or wear the wrong kind of watch:

"... A vast majority of the prisoners who populated Guantanamo during
the prison's first year in operation were innocent bystanders sold to
US forces for hefty bounty payments or were captured and sent to
Guantanamo because they wore the same style Casio watch that members
of al-Qaeda wore."
-- "It Was a Sunny Day", 11 January 2012
http://www.truth-out.org/it-was-sunny-day/1326292528

"While the Bush administration insisted that the 775 people who were
imprisoned at Guantanamo were "the worst of the worst," according to
the US government's own records, 92 percent of them had no connection
whatsoever to Al-Qaeda or terrorism. Only seven individuals-less than
one percent of those detained-have ever been charged with any crime.
The vast majority were hapless victims of the US terror war, sold to
the Americans for bounties offered in Pakistan and Afghanistan or
grabbed off the streets elsewhere solely because of their nationality
and religion."
-- "Guantanamo: A decade of US torture and repression", 13 January 2012
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2012/jan2012/pers-j13.shtml

"The TSA has gone beyond civilized limits in its quest for what
blogger Christopher Elliott calls 'jihadist grannies.' This refers to
several strip searches of women in their 80s or 90s, sometimes
forcing them out of wheelchairs. Just to show that they are equal
opportunity abusers of human dignity, other agents conducted
intrusive patdowns of children as young as three... Global airline
security systems assume that every passenger might be a terrorist,
when in reality terrorists are hiding like the proverbial needle in
the haystack. The way insecurity officials go about the search,
hassling everyone, they are likely to be pricked in the backside by
the needle, while the hay is trampled."
-- "Equal-opportunity purveyor of useless abuse", Jan. 13, 2012
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/eo20120113a1.html

Or your name's Ted Kennedy:
<http://articles.sfgate.com/2004-08-20/news/17441197_1_no-fly-list-kennedy-aide-senior-administration-official>

Or indeed if you "set sail without permission", whether bound for
Gaza or not, or if you do anything without permission.

It seems just about everybody is under suspicion, or if they're not
they should be. Activists and campaigners are probably to be seen as
terrorists, including OWS (police raids on OWS were coordinated with
the FBI and Homeland Security), not to mention Julian Assange,
Bradley Manning and Anonymous.

"The Army is reading your Bradley Manning tweets - Military public
affairs officials in WikiLeaks case use software that specializes in
tracking Twitter", Jan 10, 2012
<http://www.salon.com/2012/01/10/the_army_is_reading_your_bradley_manning_tweets/?source=newsletter>

"Are Drones Watching You?" January 11, 2011, EFF

"Homeland Security watches Twitter, social media", Jan 11, 2012
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/11/us-usa-homelandsecurity-websites-idUSTRE80A1RC20120111>

Maybe a good definition of who's definitely not a terrorist would be
the 1% and their minions (though in the real world they're about the
worst terrorists there are).

What would happen if, say, a hundred million people took up Greta's
idea and they all insisted on adding their names to HR bill 3131, and
all duly got added to the terrorist list? Would Washington just
quadruple the spook budget and they'd all be delighted, or would the
whole thing collapse under its own toxic weight?

Maybe they could just apply direct to the FBI, providing personal
details and asking please to be added to the list of terrorists
because they sympathise with some of the people already on it or they
wear the same kind of watch or whatever.

I suppose all the above defines me as a terrorist sympathiser. No,
I'm not a terrorist sympathiser, though unless you've poked your eyes
out it's very easy to see why it happens, and I've been warning about
dragon's teeth for years, and about how justice and rights in
post-9/11 America were being shredded under the comforting banner of
"keeping Americans safe", along with lots of cry-wolf fear-mongering
by the national security industrial complex.

I'm a justice sympathiser. It would be nice to see some justice for
the nine Free Gaza activists the IDF killed in May 2010, just for
starters. But what about the 10 dead IDF soldiers? Sorry, but I have
about as much sympathy for them as for the 4,801 US soldiers killed
in the war on Iraq, as opposed to the estimated 1,455,590 Iraqis who
got slaughtered, and the half million Iraqi children killed before
the war even started.

"I think this is a very hard choice, but the price we think the price
is worth it." - US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, interviewed
on 60 Minutes, 5/12/96

"As difficult as [the Iraq war] was Š I think the price has been
worth it, to establish a stable government in a very important region
of the world." - US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, Dec. 16, 2011
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=66515

Regards

Keith