Hi Robert

For your blog, it might be interesting to compare Leo Strauss with
Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen and the ecological economists. There's
quite a lot in the list archives about Georgescu-Roegen.

http://www.robertluisrabello.com

<snip>

>      I spent some time there and appreciate the reasoned logic of the
>positions presented.  But did you read the comments?  This sort of thing
>is precisely what I deal with all the time:
>
>      " This site is hilarious!  I notice that most of the "rebuttals"
>were posted five years ago, so I'm guessing the East Anglia scandal,
>NASA recently discovering that more heat is escaping the atmosphere than
>previously expected (thus rendering all climate models null and void),
>and Michael Mann's hockey stick graph being proven to be statistical
>bollocks by Canadian researchers, has taken the wind out of your sails,
>hey lad?  Oh, and we can't forget CERN can we?  Those pesky hacks over
>in Europe who just proved that neutrinos can travel faster than the
>speed of light, and who also spanked ACC theorists by pointing out that
>climate change is being caused by the sun and cosmic rays.  Oh I know, I
>know. Those fools!  Those damn flat-earthers!  Granted, 1,300,000 Earths
>could fit into the Sun and a rogue solar flare would turn our planet
>into a toasted marshmallow, but anyone who honestly believes that solar
>phenomenon could impact our climate are obviously delusional denialists."

The tone is always the same, and it always reminds me of conspiracy
theorists - different song, same tune. Unlike Wagner, it's even worse
than it sounds. (Avtually, so is Wagner, IMHO.)

Rgds

Keith