On 4/19/2013 4:13 PM, Chip Mefford wrote:
I've got a 10 y/o prius, still working, though not as well.

but mostly, I ride a bicycle.

My eldest son doesn't have a driver's license. The family was up in arms about this, but he looks at an automobile as a liability and thinks, "Why should I spend money on financing, insurance, repairs and fuel when I can ride my bike or take the bus wherever I need to go?" In the town where I live, we have LOUSY bus service and we live high on a hill. My son and I have discussed "converting" his bike to an electric-assist by virtue of a hub motor and battery pack. He'd still have to climb the hill, but it would be a LOT easier than it is now.

And, the climate here, while rainy, never gets as cold as it did even 20 years ago. We had ONE skiff of snow this winter. Mostly, it's been dry and cool. It's not bad for biking.

    Our Camry doesn't get the fuel economy it did when new, either.

Robert Luis Rabello
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca

Meet the People video: