Hi Dave,

I've had one or two thoughts on the matter as have a number of other
people concerning SVG based UI widgets.  A short list of tech's are
as follows:

1.  SPARK - http://www.schemasoft.org (#1 because I did it, lol)
2.  CGUI - http://homepage.usask.ca/~ctl271/cgui/
3.  Kevin Lindsey - http://www.kevlindev.com/gui/index.htm

These are all non-RCC/XUL/sXBL solutions.  Straight SVG+ECMAScript.
Technically they *should* run in any browser.  I know that SPARK has
some problems in the new native mozilla svg renderer it seems (not
quite sure but I'm looking into it).  Christopher Lewis would be
better to answer for CGUI.  Kevin Lindsey - I don't think his GUI
website has been updated for a while now.  Maybe he's been busy with
Sharp Vector Graphics?

Anwyays, I hope those links will get you started.

Cheers,
Alastair
http://www.schemasoft.org

PS.  > 2.  Any thoughts/suggests concerning coding web widgets using
SVG?
http://www.svgopen.org/2004/papers/SPARK/

I could always use some help! :)

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "orchidsonline"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM