Hello all, I've been all over the place trying to find a solution for
this... here goes...

I have an html page with an embeded svg document.  I want the html
page to "tell" the svg when it needs to go and fetch an update from
the server.  The svg is updated with our favorite Adobe function:
parseXML.

Because I must use the Adobe script implementation, I cannot
use 'parent' or 'top' to reach the html page.

Any ideas as to how I can make that connection?

Below is a portion of the svg code (probably shouldn't need it
though...).

<script a3:scriptImplementation="Microsoft">
<![CDATA[
        parent.nodeUpdate = NodeUpdate;
        function NodeUpdate(url, node, hrs) {
                alert("not good...");
        }
]]></script>

<script a3:scriptImplementation="Adobe" type="text/ecmascript">
<![CDATA[
var myNode;

function NodeUpdate(url, node, hrs) {
        alert("good...");
        getUrl(url+"?hrs="+hrs, makeNode);
        document.documentElement.replaceChild(myNode,
document.documentElement.getElementById(node));
}

domo
-Adam

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM