Schepers,

that's an elegant solution, however one that may not be supported by
the MozSVG implementation.
#273171 could be one to "bite the bullet" on?

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk     "It's easy to use"
irc://freenode/accessibility
On 4 Dec 2004, at 20:01, Doug Schepers wrote:

As promised, here is the sample I cooked up to demonstrate referencing
  metadata elements:

http://svg-whiz.com/samples.html#trefMetadata

  Regards-
  Doug

  doug . schepers  @ vectoreal.com
  www.vectoreal.com ...for scalable solutions.

  Doug Schepers wrote:

  | Hi, Ravi-
  |
  | That's because 'title', 'desc', 'metadata', and the proposed
  | 'hint' (among many other elements, such as 'g') are
  | non-rendering elements. In this case, they are all used for
  | semantically-tagged metadata. Of these, only 'hint' is at all
  | rendered, triggered by a mouseover, but that's SVG1.2
  | functionality... Not here yet.
  |
  | You can get the contents of 'title' and 'desc' to render by
  | using them as referents to a 'tref'. I'll post an example to
  | my Web site later today.
  |
  | Regards-
  | Doug
  |
  | doug . schepers  @ vectoreal.com
  | www.vectoreal.com ...for scalable solutions.
  |

  | dandiya wrote:
  | |
  | | Hi Doug
  | | In the example you posted
  | | http://svg-whiz.com/samples.html#insertShapes
  | |
  | | how come the title and desc are not visible along with the
  | shapes even
  | | though you have generated both and appended them.
  | | Are title/desc triggered only on a particular event?
  | |
  | |
  | | -Ravi

-----
  To unsubscribe send a message to:

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
<l.gif>

Yahoo! Groups Links

        •       To visit your group on the web, go to:

        •        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        •        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM