The fix:

1. Run the installer up to the point that you get the error dialog.
Leave it in place (don't click quit)

2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local
Settings\Temp\SVGInstallTemp

3. Use a text editor to open the file, setup.inf

4. Comment out all lines under the sections, [RemoveFilesNetscape],
[RemoveFilesRealPlayer], and [RemoveFilesGoLive]

Note: Comment out a line by putting a semicolon at the very
beginning of the line

Example:

       [RemoveFilesNetscape]
       ; Netscape plugin files (1.0 and 2.0 viewer)
       ;NPSVGvw.dll=%NetscapeDir%
       ;SVGview.dll=%NetscapeDir%
       ;SVGViewer.zip=%NetscapeDir%
       ;NPSVG3.dll=%NetscapeDir%
       ;NPSVG3.zip=%NetscapeDir%

5. Save the file

6. Double-click on setup.inf to install the file into the registry

7. Double-click on winstall.exe to finish the installation

8. Close all lingering dialog boxes from this process and the
original install

9. The viewer should now be installed

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "sharmahw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>