> For the object defined by ElementId = "U1", is there a way to access
the inherited children from "Gr". Meaning, is access to U1's rectangle
child or U1's text child allowed.
 > svgdoc.getElementById("U1").childNodes doesn't give any elements.

Right, you have to get the <use> element's InstanceRoot or
AnimatedInstanceRoot. This returns an SVGElementInstance. From that you
can get the CorrespondingElement (which in 99% of cases will be a <g>
that is wrapping the reffered-to construction). Now, depending on the
interpretation you can just go from there with ChildNodes and all the
rest-- but some may interpret the spec to mean that you must always
navigate via the SVGElementInstance and get the ChildNodes of that which
returns an SVGElementInstanceList-- so in that case you would have to
get the CorrespondingElement each time.

I am not sure who supports this though... my guess is ASV6 does and ASV3
does not. SharpVectorGraphics supports it in CVS.

All the best,
Jeff Rafter