Hi,

I have been following the SVG discussions for a couple of years now
(and an early adopter as well). However the cry out to Adobe for support
on SVG is quite old. Far too old!!!!

To them it is just another business case. They 've invested some money and
they
want to see ROI now. In other words they need to have a profitable
business model (paying customers!). Aparently they have not.
Another gossip is that SVG could compete with their PDF technology (which is
currently profitable!).

The fact that this discussion lingers on and on, without possitive
feedback from the (historical) biggest investor (or any other company for
that matter)
says more then enough I think.

Unless there is a significant (profitable) demand for this technology
shortly,
MS will set the standard once again (including embedding in IE). Have a look
at all
the early adopters developping SVG tooling. They are not to sure either,
since they
have hastened themselves to provide the MS flavor as well.

And yes of course, there will always be a niche market...

Regards,

        Cor Hofman.