"Rick Bullotta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  And those are the competitors, not boutique SVG
> providers, IMO.  Perhaps the boutique guys apply more in the mobile
> space, but I'm looking for some mainstream momentum on "full" SVG front.
> A lot of the TinySVG stuff I've seen could just as easily been done as
> animated images...

I can't agree with that, animated images look realy bad scaled, and the
advantage of mark-up for images mean images are poor substitutes anyway...
and I really don't think the full SVG front is a particularly attractive
thing, Scripting is, but the rest of SVG full just seems really slow,
powerful yes, but leads to a slow viewer, the Tiny viewers are faster and I
think this is due to not having to have the overhead of filters etc.

I'd much rather see Tiny viewers as plugins.   Scripting is needed, so SVG
Tiny 1.2, but I can't see the motivation for full at all.

Jim.