From: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of welkerpaul
Sent: 18 April 2005 17:26
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [svg-developers] Re: Adobe to buy Macromedia

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Don Demsak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> This news goes to show how scared Adobe is of Microsoft's Avalon
and
> XAML.  There was always in fighting between the PDF people and the
SVG
> people within Adobe, and now adding Flash (who seem to always be
> fighting SVG, at least that is how it felt on this discussion
list),
> isn't going to make things any better.  If the Flash people team up
> with the PDF people, could they defeat the SVG crew?
>
> Don

Don,
it goes without saying that Adobe is well advised to be scared of
ms's avalon. In the immediate future there will be more developers
tasting avalon than svg had editors (and observers together).
Naturally, there will more developers dealing with xaml than dealing
with pdf at some point of time. I've no doubt we'll see Illustrator
exporting to xaml unless ms inexplicable stops working tomorrow;-)
It's truly not solely my point of view, nonetheless the groups/svg-
developers will get me under attack for the loud interruption..
Whata noise? XML wins;-)
Paul

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses for your protection]