Hi Phil,

unfortunately the state of ASV on Linux is less than optimal, but it
works in some browsers. On my SuSE Linux it works fine in Konqueror
and Opera, but does not work well in the Mozilla based browsers,
because these browsers recently changed their plugin interface and
Adobe did not follow.

As to installing: I would not recommend using the install script.
Instead, I would just untar/unzip all files manuall to the browsers
plugin directory. When the untar creates a subdirectory (Adobe
something ...) move all files one hierarchy higher where all
other .so files reside.

You can also point your webbrowser to other directories to search
for plugins (f.e. Opera and Konqueror).

The reason why "install.sh" fails is because many different Linux
distributions have different directory locations for webbrowsers and
their plugins. Unfortunately that is not standardized. For that
reason the install.sh fails on most non-Redhat distributions. Also,
Adobe does not equally support Linux as it does support Windows/Mac.
They could easily improve their install script to make it work in
the most popular distributions.

Andreas

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "pjfjacks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Trying to install the Adobe SVG Viewer plugin in Ubuntu Linux
tried first
> with Mozilla - Mozilla  reports that there are plugins now
available for SVG
> viewing in the "help/about plugins" but when I go to the Adobe SVG
site and
> try to view an example I get a popup stating that the page can
only be
> viewed with the appropriate plugin.
>

> Tried with Mozilla  Firefox - downloaded the
adobesvg-3.0-linux-i386.tar.gz
> to the firefox plugins diretory and ran the recommended tar
command.  It
> says next to run the install.sh - when I run, it tells me "too few
> parameters".  What parameters does it want?  I dunno!  Install the
GD plugin
> is all I care about.
>

> Any   thoughts?  Patience is wearing thin with this scratch and
claw your
> way over broken glass to do anything on Linux as opposed to the
ease I have
> with installing and actually getting to work with stuff on
Windows.   Surely