Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions. I think MSXML DOM is
going to be my solution but Java will be my backup. I did some Java
programming before i learned C++ and it was fine but i'd like to stick
with C++ if i can.

Chris

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Alastair Fettes"

http://www.svgopen.org/2003/papers/SVG_Scenarios_using_Microsoft_Office_Visio_2003/

> > Another word to the wise.  I was one of the QA on this project and
> > there are tricks to the round trip capabilities of Visio that you can
> > play off of if you are familiar with XML Namespaces.  Try creating a
> > diagram with your connections in Visio, then save as svg.  When you
> > look at the output SVG document you will notice a whole bunch of extra
> > attributes and data under a microsoft namespace.  These of course are
> > trivial to remove with an XSLT.  However, you could take cues from
> > these knowing that they were put in such that a visio document could
> > be round-tripped.  The round tripping feature of Visio works quite
> > well.  One of the few things you will not get from a round trip is
> > equations (if I remember correctly - it was about 3 years ago now).
> >
> > Anyways, check out that paper and give me a shout if you have any
> > problems.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Alastair
> > http://spark.sourceforge.net
> >
> > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Serio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > I'm new to SVG. I've never used it before but i want to use it to
> > > generate images that can be used in Visio (which can open SVG),
> > > possibly convert to PDF and also view on the web. The images
will be
> > > generated by a program i want to write which will interpret some
data
> > > in a database.
> > >
> > > Basically i'm making schematics for a wiring diagram and i will
have
> > > connector types saved in a database as well as to/from pin
routings.
> > > From this data i want to generate the schematic using SVG.
> > >
> > > I'm proficient in C/C++ but i'm not sure where to begin. Is
there an
> > > SVG SDK for C/C++ out there somewhere?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any suggestions,
> > > Chris

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h7229li/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123026390/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>