Hi Holger,

    Thank you very much for your suggestion. Can you please elaborate
on the thrid option that you gave:getURL() to load  the layers, and
append them to DOM.

Do you mean to get the svg file and append it to the existing svg
file and display the appended file?

Thanks
Nathan.

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> sent1729 schrieb:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using Batik Squiggle as my SVG browser. I would like to know
if it
> > is possible to display multiple svg files one layered on top of
each in
> > the browser.Because right now if I am able to achieve this by
> > incoorporating all my svg files in to a single svg file. But if I
have
> > different layers of information stored in many svg files, then
how to
> > display them one on top of each other by selecting one at time.
> >

> > Thanks for any input
> >
> > Nathan.
> >
> Hi Nathan
>
> you could use  and <image> tag like this:
> <image xlink:href="layer1.svg" .../>
> <image xlink:href="layer2.svg" .../>
>
> the disadvantage here, is that you cant access the DOM of your
layers
> anymore.
> you could also use  the <use> Element to reference external SVG
> fragments, but note that this currently only works in Batik.
> <use xlink:href="layer.svg#layerId" />
>
> a third option which is the most flexible one is to use getURL() to
load
> the layers, and append them to your DOM.
>
> you might want to look at carto.net s  fantastic collection of map
examples
> http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/samples/
>
> cheers
> Holger

 low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help
bridge the Digital Divide!</a>.</font>