Hi,

I will try to summarize the #svg discussion of
this morning and give the promised info about the possible
organisation of a SVG-DEV event in Paris
(actually at INRIA-Rocquencourt near Paris).

The general idea is that there is a sufficient number
of people interested in SVG around Paris (and maybe
a bit further ...) to hold a "local" French
one or two day SVG gathering. The exact
motivation to hold this meeting
remains to be determined.

So in principle, I imagine I should switch to French
now but it was unclear if this meeting could
not be extended to our European neighbors if they
show some interest, so ...

Regarding the organization :

- INRIA campus
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/en/campus/index.htm
has many conference rooms. Two of them
are quite nice in the new building and can accomodate
respectively 150 and 50 persons.
These rooms have to reserved well in advance
If I get the agreement of my
"hierachy", we could get one without a fee.

- For up to 50 persons it is possible to have
lunch at INRIA cafeteria (around 10 Euros).
Above that number lunch has to be organized and
is more expensive (also the full INRIA
administrative procedure to organize a conference
is triggered and, if possible, I prefer to
avoid it).

- Beer/Wine Drinking social event can be organised
anywhere in Versailles or Paris.

Best Regards
JD

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h40ddau/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124987918/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>