Chris Lilley wrote:

>On Thursday, September 22, 2005, 11:30:40 PM, Mike wrote:

>MCF> My hypothesis is that the AdobeSVG viewer is picking up some unexpected
>MCF> feature/property and isn't able to deal with it, while the
>MCF> Mozilla/KDE/Inkscape engines are slightly more robust in dealing with
>MCF> that particular problem.  To test that I'm wondering if there is a tool
>MCF> that is extremely anal about conformance that can be used to test
>MCF> content.  Basically just something that will parse an SVG file and
>MCF> complain about anything that could cause a problem on a browser.
>
>MCF> For reference, a failing file is here:
>
>MCF>   http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/adoberenderswhiteonwhite.svg
>
>You also have some attributes like object_name and object_counts on
>path. Those attributes should be in their own namespace if they are put
>on svg elements.
>
>cx="0.0" cy="0.0" on path??

Okay, I have now defined a namespace for us (though not yet a DTD for
it), and put the application specific attributes/annotations into that
namespace.  The cin:cx/cin:cy for the paths represents the center of the
icon for scaling/positioning purposes, they are used solely by the
script(s).  I've also switched the script language to ecmascript as
suggested previously.

Thanks for pointing out all of those problems.  Obviously I've been
playing too loose with the XML rules.

I've also prefixed the title attributes with xlink: and eliminated the
duplicate IDs that the icons were declaring.  With that, the W3C
validator here:

    http://validator.w3.org/

is reporting only 20 errors, all of which are "this attribute doesn't
exist" ones which appear to be something silly wrt the namespace
declarations (e.g. sodipodi attributes added by inkscape are among those
getting complaints), possibly just sodipodi not having a DTD published
either?.

However, I still seem to be breaking something, as Adobe SVG 6beta is
still displaying the content as white-on-white.  Newest version of the
failing file is here in case anyone wants to look at it:

    http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/adoberenderswhiteonwhite3.svg

With thanks,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher