Andreas,

I totally agree with this.

To clarify a bit, I don't mean that we should focus only on the
Mobile SVG side. I only believe that most companies interested in
SVG in the Bay Area are interested mainly in the Mobile side. But
the Bay Area is not the world!

Marc

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Neumann"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This being said, it seems a little bit unfair to state that the
US
> is
> > less interested than Europe or Asia in open standards. I was
under
> the
> > impression that HTML and XML are quite successful here!
>
> that was probably a inconsiderate statement of mine - I apologize.
>
> > But with the notable exception of Vancouver, SVG Open was/is
> organized
> > on the campus of some nice Universities (Tokyo, Enschede,
> > Victoria,...). In the US, you will need to go after Companies
> > organize such a thing. You asked individual developers, and this
> won't
> > do.
>
> I have nothing against more commercialization. I think it is
> necessary and there is more demand towards that direction. But I
> would not like the commercialization aspect to be overwhelming.
And

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM