Hi Julie,

can you post an example to see how you structured the file? Also which
SVG viewer did you try? Also on which OS did you try, with how much
memory and CPU power available?

But it might well be that 36000 circles are too much for the current
SVG viewers.

The currently existing viewers (ASV, Batik, MozillaSVG) are not
capable of handling huge amounts of data. Although most of them work
on improving the performance.

Renesis (the upcoming SVG viewer to be released later this year or
beginning of next year) claims to be much better, performance like.

---------------

The other question is: do you really need 36000 circles? Without
seeing the file/project I am guessing that one could perhaps aggregate
things, or load chunks of the file doing network calls.

In cartography, we usually aggregate elements, part of the
generalization process. No human is actually capable to correctly
perceive 36000 elements on a single screen at once. If your canvas is
huge, you might just want to render the currently visible elements.

Andreas

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jgfa92004" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM