In a message dated 21/10/2005 12:26:35 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

I wonder  increasingly if our little world won't realign itself from SVG vs
MM
to  SVG + MM vs WMF.

Yes, Ronan, I think some realignment is likely.

I see some almighty battles as likely/possible:

e.g.

SVG vs XAML (? vs Flash?)

SVGT vs WPF/E (Windows Presentation Foundation/Everywhere, if I understand
the broad aim of that stuff correctly)

PDF vs XPS (which I think has changed its name to ???) (?vs SVG?)

XHTML vs Ajax vs WBA (Windows Browser Apps)

Those may not be the precise battle lines, but it looks as if the whole
space (I am not even sure there is an all-encompassing term for it - the "Human

Presentation" space, perhaps?) is going to undergo a fairly significant shake
up  in the next couple of years.

There is going to be an interesting play off of several factors including
ease of development, improved workflow, cross-platform availability etc  etc.

SVG would have been in a much stronger position, I think, if Adobe  hadn't
thrown the brakes on around Q4 2001.

As the Chinese curse allegedly says "We live in interesting times!"  :)

Andrew Watt

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM