"Garry Haywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> site to the other, so all requests go to the one server.
>

> does any body have a recomendation of good, cheap/free , proxy for w2000

You don't really need anything so complicated, in fact, the more of a
general purpose proxy you have the harder it will be to secure it to only
requesting the subset of files you want.

Assuming you don't need to map http success codes, and it's just a straight
GET, then the below JScript ASP page is a perfectly reasonable proxy.

   var file=decodeURIComponent(Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING"));
   xmlhttp=new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
   xmlhttp.open("GET","http://otherserver.com/"+file,false);
   xmlhttp.send();
   Response.Write(xmlhttp.responseText)

call it moomin.asp, then you can request pages on the other server with

xmlhttp.open('GET','moomin.asp?/somefile.xml',false);

Of course, you may need a slightly more complicated proxy if you want to
handle post etc.  but I'd've thought you could manage it easily enough in a
similar way.

Cheers,

Jim.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM