Ronan Oger schreef:
> Are you using GIS data or SVG pictures of the GIS model?
We use SVG conversions of Shape files. We altered the layers of the map,
and will add additional information to the map (and interactivity).
> SVG is a model of a picture, whereas GIS is a model of geographic data.
>
> A picture of a car is not the same as the engineering drawing of a car. And a
> screenshot of an Autocad drawing does not give away the car CAD drawing.
> There is loss in the conversion process, and the same happens with GIS->SVG
> transformation.
I'm wondering if the result of the conversion (svg picture) is not
important? It still contains some geographic data: rivers, borders,
roads, ... . As I've read here,
some GIS companies probably insert a watermark (to the coordinates of
the river, border and road elements?). That would be very useful in my
opinion.
> Ronan
Jeroen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM