--- Andreas Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a
écrit :

> > PS: on second thought, I remembered why I decided
> to go for an all
> SVG option.
> > I really think that the future of internet relies
> on a clear
> separation of
> > the data and the layout, the layout generation
> having to be made
> client-side
> > (for various reasons) rather than server side. For
> this reason, I
> decided to
> > use xslt as much as possible, especially on SVG's.
> Even if the
> > transformations have to be made server side
> because of a lack of
> browser
> > support (or a partial support only, especially
> when it comes to
> xslt+svg),
>
> well, that future is not too far away. Opera 9 can
> do SVG and XSLT,
> the Safari Developer version can do SVG and XSLT and
> Mozilla can do
> SVG and XSLT, I guess the situation with Konqueror
> is similar to
> Safari. So, the only browser still missing the SVG
> part is Iex ...

Well, IE is a big hit. Anyway, I already use a
different rendering for FF and IE, both use the same
XSLT but IE is server side and FF is client side.
That's to render the main SVG (basically your map
navigation tools and the general map I generated).
However, when it comes to load an extra SVG from a
script (say when the user zooms in the map and you
want to load an extra SVG that represents a higher LOD
on top of the map), then I didn't find an easy way of
straight svg. It's probably feasible with a tortuous
script (browser specific, naturally), but certainly
not as straight forward as putting a reference to the
xsl file to use in the xml. Unless I missed something...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM