Hi Leonard,

Why is being in XML better?

        Perhaps because of Sax, Xerces, Xalan, JDom, SOAP, MSXML, XSLT,
XPath ....  or perhaps simply because I can read the file and grab what I
want/need?

        I am myself wondering whether it makes that much difference how
something becomes a standard w3c, ANSI, ISO, or common use, just as long as
I can read it, process it, and hand it down stream. XML helps in the
reading/processing and open standards help in the passing downstream. So
Firefox and Opera adopting svg is great for passing vectors along as is the
IE ASV.

        Xaml, Metro will be xml so I can probably read and process but only
pass downstream to part of the MS world that upgrades, but as XML it can at
least be XSLTd to the other part of the world.

        .pdf .shp .swf .dxf are published formats but hard to read/process
though easy enough to hand downstream since they are common usage standards.

        I imagine developers like the fact that XML makes reading/processing
easier.

Thanks
randy