Francis,

Before going too far out on a limb and running off your mouth about what the
W3C should or should not do, you might want to read up on what the W3C is.

The W3C is not a public organization set up for the general good of society.
Far from it.  It is a membership-based club for promoting technologies that
benefit the club participants. Within the W3C, competing groups fight to get
their ideas in and to keep competing ideas out.

Instead of ranting into the wind about open-source development and complaining
about the free work others should do to help you earn money (ASV is free, and
you seem to be benefiting commercially from this, no?), maybe you should
consider one or more of the following options:

1) stop complaining, and work with the free tools provided to you find them,
taking responsibility for your own strategic errors in technological
dependency choices

2) join the W3C and try to change the future of SVG to your advantage

3) pay someone to build you an SVG browser that *you* can offer free to the
public domain. I'm sure you can get this done for 1/2 million Euro or less.

4) move on to another technology. Maybe start using Java applets, Flash, pdf,
or bitmap animations to show your data. Hey, you could even simply send it by
fax and forego both the W3C *and* ICANN.

Cheers,

Ronan

Ronan Oger
Director