>>* After finishing a path, it cannot be edited again i.e. control
>
> points
>
>>  moved or path components inserted/removed.
>

> I don't know what you mean by that. As far as I know all of the
> Graphics tools support re-editing of previously finished pathes.

I testesd some simple editors, like those written in SVG and
ecmascript. They usually allow to create a polyline or a curve,
and once it is created, it cannot be changed. I tested also
Sketsa editor - it allows to convert various shapes to a path,
but I could not find a way to edit or inspect the components of
the converted path.