Everyone has their own way they like to have discussions. Some people
like mailing lists, some people don't. I think Ronan has a point that
web forums are generally more complex, but the fact that they're on
the web makes them more accessible to people who may have less of an
interest in the topic - in this case SVG.

People with a passing interest or a tangential stake in SVG can get a
lot of value from being able to get into discussions like we have in
svg-developers. Unfortunately they're less likely to sign up or
participate in a list. My guess is that it seems like work when all
they've got is one task that connects them to the SVG world.

I've made my thoughts pretty clear in this thread already I hope.
There's plenty of interest and need for many different SVG discussions
on the Internet today.

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Schiller"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ronan,
>
> You have time to read emails but not to check a feed for new entries?
>  I happen to use the feed provided by Yahoo for this list and go to
> the web page occasionally when bored, I hardly ever interface through
> email.
>
> The differences between the Yahoo-provided web interface and a
> full-fledged forum are actually pretty minimal..
>
> Jeff
>

> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Ronan Oger <ronan@> wrote:
> >
> > We don't have a 'proper' web forum because this is a mailing list.
> > For a web forum, go to svg café. Many People on this mailing list
> like it that
> > way.
> >
> > Web forums require readers to be online to view/reply to postings.
They