Hello,
 I need some help.

I'm beginning to work on feature whereby a viewer can zoom into a
segment of the SVG document and send that view off to a friend, via
email.

Based on that view, its elements, translations, and zoom level, I can
build an SVG document on the server. After It's built, then I want to
convert it into base64 (gif) and include that in the email.

Question...Has anyone converted an SVG document/elements to base64? And
what's the relative size of the base64 vs SVG? I hope this is possible.

Other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Francis