--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "os_vlan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm wondering how to create ActiveXObject inside SVG file. I'm
> building a GUI using SVG and I want to create Ajax request
> that requires to create ActiveXObject in IE
> (http_request = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")).
> The error that I got is ActiveXObject is not defined

Although the Adobe SVG viewer by default with IE/Win uses the
Microsoft JScript engine it is not possible to use ActiveXObject.
If you want to make HTTP requests with script inside of the Adobe SVG
viewer then use getURL and/or postURL, functions the viewer itself exposes
  <http://wiki.svg.org/GetURL>
  <http://wiki.svg.org/PostURL>