This is a clean solution.  I handled everything in the php script.
The false easting and false northing are computed as the center of the
display.  The initial <g> element has the transformation included.
The intersection polygon and the actual geometry use the PostGIS
translate function.
Thanks for the ideas.
Bruce Rindahl

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM