On 5/18/06, Andreas Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Phi,
>
> I don't understand this at all.
>
> As I understand it, the final result through this "magic" process is a
> static raster image.
> What is the benefit of receiving a static raster image? In that case
> PNG/GIF/Jpeg work just
> fine.
>
> The interesting part of SVG is the interactivity and animation part. If an
> SVG solution does
> not support these, I don't see any real benefit over other static raster
> images.
>
> But maybe I just misunderstood the process or the result.
>
> Andreas

You may be right? IF.

1- You only use "static". NO changing such as dynamic scale,or  rotate or
changing color, and - Of cource you can always doing it by a client server
round trip.

2- Animation: Technically speaking is is a  multi-page bitmap. You can have
it here. The speed is "REALY REAL FAST". At the bottom of any computerized
image it is a RASTER. And ALWAYS the RASTER.

3- We also providing you with the so call Bitmask. That you can get by
Using AJAX mechanism (but rigth at the OS). With this mechanism, you will
able to know exactly where the position of the cursor. - It is painted? What
color? when you mouse goes over that IMG . The feature that you can not get
from browser or viewer  even it is native.

4- You can follow this link for further INFO:
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/networking/pluggable/pluggable.asp.

5- You always need script. Either inside the SVG or outside the SVG document
anyway.

In short. This SVG protocol just enable WEB developer to generate on-the fly
images (If You use only once then it is static if you changing according to
your formula over time then it is dynamic). I just happen using SVG format
as one of it input data stream.

6- As I have mention may times in the past. We have something GOOD. we
share. We have come from long way Javascript dynamic image generation then
applet. But we think this is the best that we have right now.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM