Hi Andreas

That's interesting, and helpful to know. I've noted it is a lot less
responsive when dragging elements, but it also seems generally less
responsive to mouse events as well. The only thing that seemed to speed
it up to a useable level was to make the app small (400x400px or less).
I guess that makes sense if redrawing is the bottleneck - less to redraw
allows it to become more responsive to mouse events etc.

So how often does Opera redraw? What triggers a redraw? And is it
possible to achieve element dragging without screen redrawing? is it
just a case of doing incremental redraws at longer intervals? how do i
get around ASV not having the redraw methods? Has FF implemented the
redraw methods?

And finally, if I choose instead just to wait for Opera to get faster,
how long do you think I'll be waiting? ;-)

If I can make FF performance better as well, I might get paid to invest
time in making some changes, but if it's only going to help opera
performance the guys who pay the bills might just prefer to wait it out.

Guy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM