Hi Guy,

Can you elaborate a bit more in what cases Opera is slow?

Do you mean when dragging elements on top of other elements?

Or do you mean DOM manipulations or the creation of manipulation of elements?

If you are talking about DOM manipulations, it really helps if you use the
methods .suspendRedraw() and .unsuspendRedraw()

Opera renders every once in a while, in contrast to other implementations.
Other
implementations would render only after a script finished working.

As a result Opera is a bit slower, but also more flexible. I you want to
improve speed for
DOM manipulations you can suppress the update of the screen and call
.unsuspendRedraw
() after the manipulations are finished.

A good example is e.g. http://pilat.free.fr/penrose_loc/penrose.svg. You can
really watch
opera drawing because unlike other viewers, the redraw is not suspended. If you
would
use suspendRedraw(), Opera would be much quicker.

Andreas

PS: but yes, I also saw that the rendering speed is slower when dragging bigger
elements
on top of other elements. Thats a fact in the current version. It seems like
the newest Batik
SVN release is best optimised for dragging elements.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM