I have worked with the way IE handle protocol. This what I found it:

1-URL length is limited to about 1024 char not 20s;

2-Before pass the URL's string to An app. (Custom protocol in my case.) IE
often (but not always) 'escape' with some weird formula such as &amp for an
"&" or even &&ampamp. specially when you are using XMLHTTP. I don't know how
to fix In your case  but I believe that what happened as it does to me,

Recommendation: Not using '&', 'space', '<'; '>'; in your URL.

Or you can put your param1, param2 inside your SVG such as
<param1 value=1 />
<param2 value=2 />
SVG player will ignore it anyway but you can retrieve it from the XML DOM

Hope this will help you a little.

Thanks

Phi

--
Phi - Tran
Hugely increase your speed, saving your band-width with ZipProtocol

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM