more troubleshooting ideas..

why don't you ask him to borrow somebody's pc to to check if the same
error occurs

if there are many external js files, you can merge it into one files
instead

I've come across a case, which might not be related here, that antivirus
program blocked access to files with double extensions. One of my file
was named lib.html.js, and AVG on users pc blocked all access to these
files, breaking my app.

do you serve your svg via a web server or from local file?

regards,
nyem