Hi, Jeff-

Jeff Schiller wrote:

> I agree - 'brand recognition' is important and I thank 6th Sense
> Analytics and everyone else behind the contest - I think the winning
> choice looks really nice.  Seems like orange is the new black ;)

Thanks, I do too.  Harvey did a great job.  I thought translucent
reflection was the new black, though.

And I'd like to thank you for being such a staunch supporter of SVG,
yourself!

> Anyway, I've updated my blog header (http://blog.codedread.com/) with
> the logo in the bottom-right corner.  In true dynamic SVG form, the
> logo is invisible unless you mouse over the blog header image, which
> makes it semi-transparent.  Mousing over the logo makes it fully opaque.

Very tasteful.  Nice work.

> I've also put an image at the bottom of my home page
> (http://www.codedread.com/) next to the XHTML validation tag (that
> doesn't validate!).

Cool!

> Too bad Firefox/Opera don't support SVG-as-image as we recently
> discussed in this forum.  Having to copy the logo into every SVG file
> we want to reference it is a pain we'll have to endure for the next
> year or more (but thankfully, due to SVG's open nature, this is
> possible!).

Yeah, I'd like there to be other options there.

> Doug, I hope you'll be doing a better job than I did of hacking the
> logo and ID'ing the elements properly...

I've already started on it in my spare time.  I've made good progress,
but you know how much of a pain the output from some authoring tools can
be (in this case, CorelDRAW, as it happens).  As a designer, Harvey
didn't massage the code (and shouldn't have to)... but for doing things
like changing colors, animation, and annotation, the SVG will have to be
cleaned up considerably.

Regards-
-Doug