On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:38:00 +0530, steltenpower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Inkscape is a rather popular tool.
> Many artists use it a lot. Coders (of SVG webapplications) are not
> that much of fans, many rather handcode everything.
>
> Is Inkscape wrong for you?

Sometimes. Other people have already explained a bunch of good things about it,
but there are a couple of things I don't like:

1. Too much precision in values. Often I would rather have things forced to
*lower*
precision, for easy code readability, manipulation, and small file size.

Being able to set the precision would be nice.

2. Too much stuff added in magic namespaces that doesn't seem to do anything.

Being able to export to "clean SVG" (optionally with a choice of target
version)
would be nice.

When I hand-edit the code I often get a reduction of around one order of
magnitude for no loss...

cheers

Chaals

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Try Opera 9.1 http://opera.com