In a FF test I've created, a mouseover of Canada 364 Kb, it has improved
from 6 seconds to 2 seconds. 2 Seconds is still much too slow compared
to the Adobe viewer, but it is an improvement. I submitted this as a bug
some time ago. For my purposes, it still falls short, and given the
snail's pace anything svg is moving, I see flash in my future. I keep my
fingers crossed, but my optimism wanes with each passing day.

Sean